"" JAMIE SAYS DREAM: Coffe on my laptop and equipment of the day

14 juni 2012

Coffe on my laptop and equipment of the day


Vintage tea cup "Groblad" from Gefle/Uppsala Ekeby

Yesterday I was trying out my new vintage tea cups that are the perfect size for coffee. It didn't end well. I wanted to look for a stamp under the cup and turned it - with some coffee left in it, that poured out over my laptop! It's not working now, and I don't know if it will again. :-(

Anyway, my equipment for the day is big black trash bags. I'm throwing things out, as I said I would in part one of my Action plan for decluttering and organizing. Little steps, little steps...

I guess the expectaions on you when you have vacation is to get a tan, listen to the birds and bees and stay by the water as much as possible. Well, I'm inside. I need to get this action plan going, because I will feel so much better when I'm done. Don't worry, I will get a lot of rest too. I'm throwing things in my trash bags for 15-30 minutes, then I take a break.



We were going to a lake to rent a canoe for the weekend, and sleep in a tent on little islands, but it will rain a lot both Saturday and Sunday, so we had to cancel. We are not nature-people prepared for any weather I'm afraid...

Cards from Fair morning blue. They will appear on my wall sometime during my decluttering and organizing process.
 In my Daily dose of quirkiness I want to show you a postcard I got a few years ago. I still have it on display, because I love these ladies, enjoying summer in there own way.


7 kommentarer:

Patricia Villamil sa...

SO sorry to hear about your laptop. Your teacup is lovely though!

mauishopgirl sa...

Hopefully the laptop is ok after you give it some time to dry out. I love to organize too when I have time off, I feel refreshed when I can get back to work feeling like my personal life is in order & easy to manage. Love the teacup and the postcard!

noreen sa...

hello maria! sorry i have been away - busy, busy, busy here in the us. however, i'm with you 100% about not camping when there will be weather. very wise choice. on the other hand, my idea of camping is a hike and then a cozy hotel.

joy and smiles,
n

Gulcin sa...

Hello Maria! Sorry to hear about your laptop and your vacation plan.
It's great to read about your action plan! I think big trash bags are really life saver. As you know, I'm still trying to settle down in our new flat and I want it to be "plain" but there are lots of things around here that i don't know what to do. I'm a little bit "psycho" about keeping things forever(?) like diares (written when i was 10 or 12 years old!) toys, postcards, clothes that impossible to fit in :) and even newspapaer article cuts!
I need a decluttering too but it will be difficult for me... sniff sniff...
I hope your progress gives me encouragement.
Good luck with your plan!

Anairam sa...

I am sure your laptop will work again after it has dried out. But you may have to take it in to a computer shop anyway to have the inside of the keyboard cleaned up.
Good to hear that you have started on your decluttering process - I always feel better after I repacking my cupboards and getting rid of a few things!

Tracy Castro sa...

Hooray - your cards arrived! I would love to see them framed :-) Hope all is well with the laptop.

Hanna sa...

Tråkigt att kanotresan blev inställd, men jag håller med dig att gränsen går någonstans och spöregn är en sådan. Kan du inte ta med sonen på äventyr i Malmö istället? Det finns ju massor att utforska som man till vardags inte tänker på. Tekniska museet är en plats jag kan besöka om och om igen. Men jag är ju inte från stan, så det kanske är en annan sak då.

Tråkigt även med datorn, man märker verkligen snabbt hur beroende man är av internet numera. Min fungerar igen, fast med lite hosta och seg i starten. Får hoppas den håller sig levande ett tag till och att jag kan hålla fingrarna borta från sådant jag inte borde lägga fingrarna på...

Kram Hanna