"" JAMIE SAYS DREAM: Blue, black and white

29 april 2012

Blue, black and white

Zigzag Mashup Rug from Urban Outfitters
I bought something from Urban Outfitters for the first time, and I'm really excited to see what it looks like when I can unpack the parcel in a week or so. I ordered the Zigzag Mashup Rug in blue and white, and I couldn't resist to also order The Rise and Fall Sleeping Fox Pillow.

The Rise and Fall Sleeping Fox Pillow
When I look at the two things I bought, I realize that I like the colour combination of blue, black and white. I looked up some more inspirational images...

Norweigan An-Magritt's kitchen in August 2011


An-Magritt's kitchen in January 2012

China from Fine Little Day. Design: Anna Backlund & Elisabeth Dunker / RYM



Stine Trampe Broch's home in Copenhagen, featured in Danish Femina


House & Home March 2011 issue (Canada).  Photgrapher John Cullen, Designer Joel Bray. 

I want to try to print on fabric. This is two examples of printing tutuorials: 

Easy printing with scratch foam by Alisa Burke.


Printing with a stencil, Apartment Therapy
Speaking of blue, Ikea is launching a new limited colletion in June called "Kollektion blå" (Collection Blue). Looking foward to visit Ikea this summer to have a look...

"Kollektion blå" (Collection Blue) from Ikea, limited collection
 launching in june 2012. Image via Room and Serve

And in my Daily dose of quirkiness: an octopus plate! I don't know if I would dare to eat on this plate... The octopus doesn't look that friendly.

The Deep Side Plate, Octopus from Anthropologie



5 kommentarer:

LissenTo sa...

Supersnygg matta, wow, får man fråga vad den kostar.

Många fina inredningsbilder du visar på så vackra miljöer. Du har verkligen letat upp finheter.

Solen har kommit hit och det känns som ÄNTLIGEN, vad jag har längtat.

Ha en fortsatt fin helg. Kram Lissen

Patricia Villamil sa...

Hi Maria, blue is one of my favorite colors, very calming and yet stylish. I love that rug you bought, it's so eclectic, it would look good almost anywhere. Can you show us a picture once you put it where you like? I can't wait for that new collection in Ikea, it's like they've answered my prayers, with blue!

Have a lovely week ahead!

kisses,
P.

Mariana sa...

Hi Maria,
they are very inspirational photos. Blue is one of my favourite colours, beside white, green,... and recently a lot red, too.
Do you like foxes? :)
Have a nice new week!
M

LissenTo sa...

Ja, jag gillar att man kan skapa med det man har, det är det bästa.
Men bra att Panduro finns så man kan komplettera.

Vilket bra pris på mattan, vill höra sedan hur den "håller" färg och hur tunn den är och fraktpris.

Det här blir spännande :-)

Kram Lissen

Hanna sa...

Spännande... nyfiken på hur den ser ut på plats :0)

Gillar köksbilderna, helt i min smak!