"" JAMIE SAYS DREAM: Fern and other green loveliness

19 februari 2012

Fern and other green loveliness

Plants. I haven't thought much about them for a few years, but now I want to fill my home with them! Well, one step at a time. At least I have bought a fern, my big favourite right now. I want more of them, in pots and in vases or bottles (like in the photo below). And I'm thinking about some sheere white curtains with ferns I saw in a shop, or the pillow with the same pattern.


Midwest Living

I posted the photo below before here, but with my current fern obsession I had to post it again. I bought a flora with fern illustrations in it from a thrift store in November, and I think I will tear out some pages and put them up on the wall.


Sköna hem


Now is also the time for grape hyacints, snowdrops. tulips, daffodils (soon anyway) and one of my favourites - buttercups. I wouldn't mind the arrangements in the photos from Ikea below :-)


Image from Ikea's Swedish blog Livet hemma.


Image from Ikea's Swedish blog Livet hemma. I would like that lamp, "Tisdag", for my creative corner. 

Around Christmas I bought a couple of little hanging glass terrariums and I want to find airplants for them, for the look in the photo from West Elm below (but mine are from Serholt, bought in the Swedish shop Village).


Photo: West Elm. I posted this before, here

But we don't have to make our homes into jungles, even one or two cut flowers or a simple little branch will make a big difference :-)

Le Dans La


Image from House Doctor, via April and May.

If you don't go for simplicity, you might want to try to transform a bonsai into a building sculpture, like the Japanese  artist Takanori Aiba in my Daily dose of quirkiness. Not attractive in my eyes, but makes me smile :-)

Via Visual News 





4 kommentarer:

noreen sa...

hello maria, ferns are beautiful. i love all the ways you have shown them. also your quirky photo - wow! amazing. happy monday!

LissenTo sa...

Vackert med allt det gröna i små vaser + fina detaljer. Behövs inte så mycket mer.

Ha en fin vecka och kram. // Lissen

leah of sang the bird sa...

those images are full of spring loveliness! green really lifts my mood. i hope it has the same effect for you. xxx

Patricia Villamil sa...

beautiful! all this green is making feel optimistic and happy! I love ferns. This was the main plant I used in my wedding!