"" JAMIE SAYS DREAM: New table - new inspiration

17 januari 2012

New table - new inspiration

I collected a table today, that I got for free :-) This will be the table for my creative space that I wrote in my Twelve for 2012-post that I would create. The table I had was far too small, but originally I was thinking of getting a larger table top and keep the legs, but when I saw this table...well, it reminded me so much of a table we used to have when I was a child (before our house burnt down). And when it was free of charge too...

Here's a peek of the table (and yes, it's before it was cleaned, and yes the photos are crappy).



This means I'm changing my inspiration from white and light wood to....well, something that includes this table.

This is some of the inspiration photos I have been looking at today:

Design Sponge Sneak Peek: Nicolette Camille
I like this whole apartment a lot!

Design Sponge Sneak Peek: Nicolette Camille

A Beautiful Mess Blog

Apartment Therapy House Tour
Jen and Nate's Upcycled Mix

From Emily Henderson's portfolio

Geninne's Art Blog

Geninne's Art Blog

HouseBeautiful
Kathryn Ireland's Bold and Bright Ojai Home

Photographer: Simon Upton
from Elle Decor

And for my Daily dose of qurkiness - "Fragmented Chronicles", a collection of rings, each with a landscape/scene frozen inside. Made by the Hong Kong-based design duo Chan Oi Yau Riyo and Kwong Ho Sun Howard = Shannam, and exhibited at Tokyo Designers Week 2011. I would love to wear one :-) See more at Designboom.

"Fragmented Chronicles" by Shannam

6 kommentarer:

noreen sa...

wow, maria, your inspiration is inspiring me, too! i really love the one that says, "make more art", and the window seat room, and the dogs. congratulations on your new table!

leah of sang the bird sa...

i love natural wood with white. your pictures are so inspiring! the table is great. hope your creative space evolves into a haven for you x

LissenTo sa...

Åh det där bordet väger mycket och att kånka det 4 våningar måste ha varit hur tungt som helst. Värsta träningspasset :-)

Hur snyggt som helst, jag är svag för sirligt utsmyckade möbler (i lagom dos) Vilket fynd!

Inspirerande bilder och snart är en av dina 2012:s drömmar infriade.

Ha en fin vecka. Kram Lissen

pernilla Plaza Interiör sa...

Så söt du är! Hade inte tänkt gå, men nu ska jag, så jag ska fota absolut! Kram

Heather B. sa...

That is one cool table!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it! I love the inspiration photos too. Very nice!

Patricia Villamil sa...

i absolutely loved all those inspiration images, really cool choices i even pinned a few. and those rings are so adorable, i want one!!!!!