"" JAMIE SAYS DREAM: Emotions become sculptures

4 januari 2012

Emotions become sculptures

Image from Louise Bourgeois: The Spider, the Misstress and the Tangerine , copyright Art Kaleidoscope Foundation.


Louise Bourgeois' sculpture Maman in Wanås sculpture park in Sweden. Photo: Anders Norrsell. 

If you are intrested in art I think you would really like the documentary that I saw on Swedish Television tonight: Louise Bourgeois: The Spider, the Mistress and the Tangerine. 99 minutes of interviews, background and of course a lot of Louise Bourgeois' intriguing work.

"Maman", the huge spider sculptures which are a tribute to her mother, are most famous among her work, but there is soooo much more! Like the nine meter high steel towers I DoI Undo and I Redo that was exhibited at Tate Modern in 2000. See it in the documentary and you will understand (I think) why I wish I could have been there! At least I have seen one of her exhibitions, here in Malmö in 1998.

You can see the documentary online here , on the Swedish Television website, until 3 February! (In English, subtitles in Swedish.)

Inga kommentarer: